Reports to: Engineering Manager
Location: Falconer, NY
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer for our Falconer, NY operation!
SKF Aerospace, a leader in aviation related bearings, is looking for talented individuals for its largest factory located in Falconer, NY. Our 450 employees produce components and bearings for engine and gearboxes for the Aerospace industry, as well as industrial & commercial applications.
We currently have new challenges and opportunities including: complex changes in aeroengine bearing design and manufacture, optimization of our new multimillion dollar Heat Treatment facility as well as implementation of Business Excellence (LEAN) & other flow management programs.
This position reports to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager and will be responsible for all facets of manufacturing processes and procedures, working with both Product Engineering and Operations. The primary focus of the engineer on the floor is the ability to have the factory equipment, processes & knowledge aligned to manufacture various steels & alloys into the highest quality bearings in the world.
- Performs as an engineer
- Defines proper manufacturing process steps for new and existing engineered products.
- Tracks variances and performs root cause analysis, implementing corrections & countermeasures as needed to improve standards.
- Develops standard manufacturing processes to minimize process and quality variations (standard work) while capturing critical knowledge & data for future use.
- Designs and specifies tooling and fixtures needed to manufacture products.
- Learn & understand the effects that heat treating, machining, & grinding processes have on various metals.
- Evaluates hardened steel manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research; applying knowledge of product design, manufacturing, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Leads manufacturing engineering projects and process improvements.
- Develops and maintains equipment Total Productive and Preventative Maintenance Program. Ensures operators are trained against TPPM processes.
- Conducts studies in operations to optimize workflow and spatial utilization. Ensures facility efficiency and workplace safety.
- Estimates correct labor standards.
- Plans and oversees layout of manufacturing equipment and production facilities and capital projects.
- Maintains product and company reputation by understanding and complying with government regulations and company policies.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The primary source for this position is a degreed mechanical or industrial engineer with experience with hardened steel component fabrication desired
- Technically adept, able to comprehend & articulate well in mechanical engineering areas
- Good analytical, problem solving and organization skills- RCFA skill is a given
- Strong drive and persistence- full of energy
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Proficient in reading and interpreting documents such as manufacturing prints, operating & maintenance instructions, and procedures/manuals.
- Cad/Cam NX preferred
- Competent with MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, etc.)
- Understand and perform work in a safe and helpful manner.
SKF’s vision is built on a commitment to growth and performance in satisfying our customers. Our goal is to lead and excel in every market we serve. We encourage our employees at all levels to recognize their ability to make a difference. Our industry leading benefit package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurances; 401(k), paid time off and holidays. SKF is an equal opportunity employer.
What You’ll Love About SKF:
Rest and Relaxation. Enjoy a robust PTO policy and 13 paid holidays!
Work/Life Balance. A possibility for flexibility and an opportunity for occasional remote work.
Health and Wellness Benefits. SKF cares about the wellbeing of our employees. Many options for best in class medical and dental plans to fit your needs; a wellness plan that includes biometric screening and health risk assessment for you and your spouse and incentives for healthy living!
Invest in your Future. SKF offers amazing retirement options! Participate in our 401K program that boasts a 100% match up to 5% of your elected contribution (100% Vested). And regardless of your participation, SKF automatically contributes 5% into your account per pay period (3 Years Vesting).
Much more! Growth opportunities, tuition reimbursement, voluntary critical illness coverage, voluntary legal plan, employee assistance program, life insurance, vehicle discount programs, mobile phone discounts, and with so many benefits to working for SKF, we could not name them all!
Location/Region: Falconer, New York