Location: SKF Aerospace - Falconer NY
Reports to: Manager of Design and Process Engineering
The SKF Aerospace team is seeking a Process Engineer
Responsibilities Include but are Not Limited to:
- Excellent command of the Infor XA ERP system.
- Develop a wide variety of reports and analyses of costs, schedules, design changes, and manufacturing methods, processes, and tooling.
- Creation of Items, Bills-of-Materials, and Engineering Routings, and the ongoing maintenance associated with them.
- Create items, Exploded BOMs, & Routings must be produced with standard company guidelines.
- Flow-down applicable material, heat treat, process, engineering, & quality specifications.
- Ensure all requirements are accomplished during manufacturing & inspection.
- Work closely with Application Engineering, Design Engineering, Quality Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing Management, & Purchasing.
- Ensure Bills-of Materials and Routings are consistent with current and established practices.
- You are expected to be able to read the drawings and relate dimensional characteristics into shop processes, both manufacturing and inspections.
- Be familiar with controlling specifications lends expediency to the production of Bills-of-Materials and Routers.
- Demonstrate excellent command of the Infor XA ERP system.
- Perform Data mining as a key process using the many aspects of the system’s coding system.
- You will utilize product knowledge and system coding to maintain system data in conjunction with general changes and farther-reaching Business Excellence activities.
- We expect you to be familiar with business economics.
- Be prepared to be frequently called upon to produce cost estimates for potential new business.
- The Process Engineer will work along with Customer Service and Sales personnel to deliver an on-time quotation.
- Maintain design outputs (Routers and BOMs).
- Accomplish incorporation of router changes from Engineering Change Notices and Router Change.
- The Process Engineer must work with Application & Quality Engineering to ensure process controls are maintained both internally and frequently with additional customer requirements.
- Optimize the utilization of resources in term of people/machines and material inside the channel.
- B.S. degree in mechanical, industrial, manufacturing engineering or accounting/finance
- In lieu of a 4-year degree, a combination of 3-5 years of experience and an Associates of Science degree at a minimum.
- In lieu of an engineering background, must demonstrate a fundamental awareness & understanding of mechanics and various aspects of machines?
- Experience in manufacturing environment, preferably aerospace, heavy metal manufacturing is preferred Internal Posting for SKF USA
- Champion LEAN manufacturing in order to achieve quality, cost and customer service objectives.
- Proficient with the various financial aspects involved in manufacturing including fixed & variable costs, time of steps etc.
- Proficient with computer software & related systems, well-developed written, verbal and communication skills.?
- Possess a driven, dynamic, and passionate work ethic for a job well done.
- Ability to determine bearing processes and expected costs for products, tooling, and other non-recurring expenses.
SKF’s mission is to be the undisputed leader in the bearing business. SKF offers solutions around the rotating shaft, including bearings, seals, lubrication management, condition monitoring and maintenance services. SKF is represented in more than 130 countries and has around 17,000 distributor locations worldwide. Annual sales in 2020 were SEK 74 852 million and the number of employees was 40,963.
SKF Aerospace is a first-tier supplier to the global aviation industry and much more. A leader in the manufacture of highly complex bearings, our business is equally focused on military and civil markets. We design and manufacture complex, high performance, high-value bearings in steel and advanced ceramics. Our production group – our technologies and products are at the heart of aerospace industry and the world’s leading manufactures.?
What You’ll Love About SKF:
Rest and Relaxation. Enjoy a robust PTO policy and 13 paid holidays!
Work/Life Balance. A possibility for flexibility and an opportunity for occasional remote work.
Health and Wellness Benefits. SKF cares about the wellbeing of our employees. Many options for best in class medical and dental plans to fit your needs; a wellness plan that includes biometric screening and health risk assessment for you and your spouse and incentives for healthy living!
Invest in your Future. SKF offers amazing retirement options! Participate in our 401K program that boasts a 100% match up to 5% of your elected contribution (100% Vested). And regardless of your participation, SKF automatically contributes 5% into your account per pay period (3 Years Vesting).
Much more! Growth opportunities, tuition reimbursement, voluntary critical illness coverage, voluntary legal plan, employee assistance program, life insurance, vehicle discount programs, mobile phone discounts, and with so many benefits to working for SKF, we could not name them all!
SKF Aerospace is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer committed to bringing greater diversity to its workforce. Minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To Learn more about our products we invite you to check out the SKF website! www.skf.com
Location/Region: Falconer, New York