Thank you for considering Jamestown Community College in your search.
About Jamestown Community College:
Jamestown Community College, a SUNY institution, is a comprehensive community college with degree granting campuses in Jamestown and Olean, New York. JCC is an innovative, open access institution that meets regional education needs by providing transfer degree programs, career programs, community service, developmental education, and training programs for business and industry. Guided by principles that emphasize student success and continuous improvement, JCC welcomes applications from qualified, enthusiastic candidates.
The Director of Institutional Research serves as the lead administrator of the college’s institutional research programs and initiatives in support of strategic institutional planning efforts, evidence-based decision-making and institutional effectiveness efforts. The Director has college-wide responsibility for the collection, organization, analysis, and reporting of all institutional data, including confidential and personally identifiable information, and serves as the key resource to the college President’s Council for essential information and data in efforts to establish and address institutional priorities, assess institutional performance, and improve institutional outcomes.
- Manages, leads, and coordinates all aspects of institutional research.
- Responsible for overseeing the collection, organization, analysis, and reporting of institutional data, the institutional research board (IRB) process and committee, as well as TracDat and the JCC document repository.
- Assists and supports departments in conducting program reviews, functional area reviews, benchmarking studies, and data-gathering efforts.
- Supports academic assessment.
- Compiles enrollment projections.
- Works in concert with the Accreditation Liaison Officer to maintain Middle States accreditation and support other accreditation processes.
- Coordinates the compilation, maintenance, and reporting of data to state (SUNY and NYSED) and federal (IPEDS) agencies.
- Prepares necessary reports and internal/external surveys.
- Provides support in the analysis and interpretation of student retention data and student satisfaction levels.
- Assists in oversight of the college-wide planning process, particularly with environmental scanning teams, SWOT analyses, and establishment/evaluation of key performance indicators.
- Ensures proper and timely submission of all required reports and accurate maintenance of records.
- Supports the planning process by providing appropriate data and other information.
- As a member of the administrative team, assists in setting direction for collective bargaining policy and serve on negotiating teams. Assists the Director of Human Resources and/or the VP of Administration with preparing management’s position in contract negotiations and grievance hearings, and arbitrations.
- Participates in college committees and task forces in order to support the college mission.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrated expertise in current principles and procedures of higher education planning, research design, methodology, and analysis. Strong technical and quantitative skills. Proficiency in computer software applications, including statistical analysis software (such as SPSS), spreadsheets, databases, and web communications. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and oral/written communications skills. Ability to work independently. Strong customer-service orientation. Ability to read, interpret, and apply laws, rules, and regulations. Ability to coordinate the development of complex documents, write and deliver persuasive proposals/presentations; plan, prioritize, and coordinate multiple projects in a team setting. Attention to detail and accuracy. Travel, as necessary, to the college’s campuses and extension centers, as well as regional, state, and national training and conferences.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Minimum three (3) years’ experience in institutional research.
Preferred: Master’s degree. Experience in higher education. Experience in Banner software.
Salary: $56,469 - $84,702, commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus excellent benefits package.
Final candidates are subject to a pre-employment criminal background investigation.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following, which are required for consideration, by clicking on the link below:
- Cover letter.
- Transcripts (unofficial copies are acceptable at application but official transcripts will be required prior to appointment).
- Names and contact information for three professional references.
You will receive an acknowledgement email from the system for this position. If you do not receive this confirmation email within 15 minutes of applying, please check your junk/spam folder. You can also log back in to view your submitted application from the
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.