The service technician is a skilled position involved in the diagnosis, repairing, and servicing equipment and systems, in the industries using fork lifts and sweeper/scrubbers and aerial lift equipment in varied applications. Must be proficient in all systems and company products, will have the ability to work
independently in defined systems and as such shall be capable of performing all skills and tasks related to the systems.
Will be required to work independently on simple to complex tasks involved with calibration, cleaning, maintaining, testing and repairing of systems and equipment. Additionally, the Service Technician shall have the capabilities of leadership and have training skills to advance the quality of service and personnel at the Division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Examines malfunctioning defined units for defective parts utilizing knowledge of mechanical, electrical and equipment functioning theory to determine the cause of malfunctioning.
• Practices inspecting routines employing the Company’s diagnostic procedures to pinpoint areas of malfunctioning or items to be serviced.
• Dismantles whole or parts of defined units as indicated by type of malfunction, and repairs or replaces such parts, and other components.
• Reassembles unit, making necessary adjustments to ensure efficient operation.
• May recommend removal of customer defined units from premises for major repairs or overhaul in the shop.
• May install, service, repair systems in businesses utilizing knowledge of the functionality of the equipment.
• Will perform services (defined and qualified) within guidelines established.
• Will be responsible for maintaining truck inventory and will advise the service manager when items of inventory should be increased.
• Will stay abreast of the technical advances in the industry and will attend all company sponsored training programs.
• Will complete all company required paperwork within the constraints of the procedures.
• Will maintain company owned vehicles and will always drive in a safe and prudent manner.
• Will present the company’s image by adherence to the company dress and conduct codes.
• Will be judged on the quality of workmanship and skills by demonstrating that service is right the first time.
• Will agree to rotate work schedules, so the Division’s emergency breakdown policy will be adhered.
a) REQUIRED: High School diploma
b) PREFERRED: Some technical college experience is desired but not required.
• At least two years prior experience in service, repair and installation of the type of fork lifts and sweeper/scrubbers sold and serviced by JIT Toyota-Lift
• Completion of specified vendor equipment repair training and certification programs as designated by management.
• Demonstrated capability in the diagnosis of technical equipment problems and associated repair/installation options.
• A clean driving record and a valid operator’s license for any vehicle the company may direct position to operate.
This is primarily a “hands on” position, requiring a significant level of manual labor. The position may involve operating hand tools, power tools, lifting and moving equipment, and supplies with the associated injury hazards and requirements for use of related safety equipment.
The position operates from our Jamestown, NY facility and requires travel to customer locations.
The position requires clearly demonstrated technical and mechanical skills. Effective math, verbal and written communication skills are essential. No special foreign language skills are required.
The majority of the activities of this position are conducted in customer locations. Climate control and general working conditions will vary. The position may need to operate small tools, and other equipment, and vehicles with their associated operating and safety requirements.
We believe that our products and our people should work hard or our customers. We have a passion for service, for finding new solutions and for developing long-term relationships as trusted business partners. What is best for our customers is what is best for us.
Our customers run companies that demand great service and superior products. They rely on us to be knowledgeable about our industry and to offer smart, simple business solutions.
We supply parts, service, sales, rental and training on powered industrial equipment like Toyota forklifts, JLG aerial lifts and Advance floor cleaning machines. We sell both new and pre-owned equipment and can provide repair service and parts for every major brand.
JIT Toyota-Lift is family owned and operated and has won numerous awards for our outstanding dedication to providing great service.